Yes, with many conditions. This is a very big structural question and you will need an engineer or architect to design this system.

The wood or steel column can be removed AND you must strengthen the structural beam, break the concrete basement floor and install a larger concrete footing, and probably make the beam taller by 2″ or 4″ which lowers the bottom of the beam a bit.

A building permit is required for this structural work and it is a big project. Please consult an architect or structural engineer to assist in this endeavor.